Succulent Jar Centerpiece
At my wedding venue, there will be a couple of tall, small round bar tables outside. Since the tables are on the smaller side - I need the centerpiece to be smaller and sturdy. Here is what I came up with.
What I planned ahead to save/used:
- Saved any sized jar (I save my jars from pasta sauces, olive, kim chi, any food item that comes in glass jar or you could purchase mason jars for this project if you do not have any on hand.)
- Save toilet paper or paper towel rolls in advance. (I needed paper towel rolls, for the height of my jar, but it depends on the height of your jar.)
- Ribbon of your choice (I had a bunch saved and it matched my color theme)
- Soil/succulent cuttings (I already have these in my backyard so they were essentially free)
- The only item I had to buy were white rocks which were very inexpensive from Dollar Tree for $1 each!
I talked about tips on how to get succulents if you don't have any here: succulents
Total Time: 25 minutes
- glass Jar
- white small rocks
- paper towel roll
- assorted succulent cuttings
- Place paper towel roll into the jar and cut to size at the rim.
- Place your choice of rocks (I used small white rocks from Dollar Tree) all around paper towel roll.
- Add soil into the center of the paper towel roll.
- Start adding your succulent assortment to create your arrangement. You can use a chopstick to assist with the planting.
- For finishing touches, tie a bow.
- Your succulent jar centerpiece is complete. You can use this centerpiece for any occasion - engagement party, wedding, bridal party, gender reveal party, birthday, to give as a gift, and so forth!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!