Let Love Grow Wedding Favor Gift
Give your wedding guests a living favor gift. Learn how to make these "Let Love Grow" wedding favors, using painted plastic pots and succulent cuttings.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Are you on a budget for your wedding? You can make your own wedding favor gifts! For this project, I only needed to purchase spray paint and ribbon (actually ribbon would be optional to save even more money if you wanted), then the rest of the supplies I already had on hand.
You could make your own wedding gift favors again with the succulent theme because I have an abundance in my backyard. I was able to gift them as gifts!
I talked about tips on how to get succulents if you don't have any here: Inexpensive Wedding Centerpiece
Total Time: Couple of days
Yield: As many as you need to make!
- 2" square plastic pots
- metallic gold spray paint
- scrapbook paper
- You will need lots of 2" plastic square pots! I actually got mine for free at my local home improvement store. They were tossing them out and I asked if I could have them and they said yes absolutely since they were going chuck them in the trash anyway (score, so definitely check with your local stores!!)
- I cleaned the pots with a bucket of water. Be sure to dry throughly (or leave overnight to dry completely prior to spray painting.)
- Spray paint a few at a time. I sprayed a coat, allowed it to dry and repeated twice more.
- Tie a bow around the pot.
- I had a bunch of floral scrapbook paper so I just cut out petals and handwrote "Let love grow. Thank you." Stick the sign onto pot.
- Fill the pots with soil and plant one succulent per pot.