How to Make a Floral Glass Jar Wedding Favor
Used colored mod podge to coat a recycled jar, add decorations such as paper flowers and a bow to the top. Fill with chocolates or something else of your choice and you have a beautiful handmade wedding favor.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It is spring and the wedding season has started. Turn empty cheese spread glass jars into wedding favors. Hot glue flowers around the jars to make them fit with a spring themed wedding, fill the jars with chocolates, and voila! Your guests will certainly love these unique wedding favors.
Total Time: a few hours if drying time is included
Yield: one wedding favor
- 250g empty cheese spread glass jar
- A5 size cream colored sugar paper
- suitable gift wrap ~ I used gift wrap with pink and purple flowers printed on the paper
- twelve 10mm self-adhesive diamond bling stickers
- 0.3 in wide pink satin ribbon
- wrapped chocolates to fill the jar
- old sheets of newspaper to protect the working area
- red food coloring
- Modge Podge
- thick paintbrush
- large petal palm punch from XCut, code XCU 261811
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- small plastic bowl and spoon
- Wash the glass jar and allow to dry upside down overnight.
- In the plastic bowl, mix Modge Podge with some of the red food coloring. Keep adding a few drops of food coloring at a time until the desired color effect is obtained. Note: When mixing the red food coloring with the white Modge Podge, you will obtain a pinkish red color. Turn the jar upside down and place it on the newspaper. Use the thick paintbrush and add a coat of colored Modge Podge to the whole outside of the jar. Allow to dry overnight.
- Punch twelve flowers each from the cream colored sugar paper and from the gift wrap.
- Hot glue the cream flowers to the jar, gluing them around the jar, just below the finish. Do not glue them down completely, so that you will be able to slightly bend the petals of the flowers upwards once the glue has dried. Hot glue the flowers punched from the gift wrap on top of the cream flowers, but again do not glue them down completely. Slightly bend the petals of the flowers upwards.
- Hot glue ribbon all around the finish of the jar and cut off any remaining ribbon. Make a bow and hot glue it to the jar. Add a diamond bling sticker to the centre of each flower.
- Fill the jar with the yummy chocolates!
April 23, 20180 found this helpful
Pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent a lot on my wedding favors... I wish I'd made them!