Making a Wedding Dress Greeting Card
This fun wedding dress greeting card was designed using paper doilies and ribbon roses attached to a kraft paper backing. The instructions, supplies, and photos needed to make some yourself can be found on this page.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute wedding dress greeting card made with simple supplies - paper doilies, kraft paper, glue, and ribbon roses. This concept could also be used as a bridal shower invitation card.
Tip: I bought paper doilies from Dollar Tree for just $1. There are 32 in a pack (assorted sizes). Overall this project is very inexpensive to make and you can make plenty of cards.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 card
- paper doilies ($1.00)
- glue/glue dots
- ribbon roses
- kraft paper - cut to the size of your desired card
- sticker ribbon
- Cut a piece of kraft paper for the card; fold in half and set aside.
- Fold a paper doily at an angle as pictured.
- Fold the other side to create a pointed tip like pictured.
- Fold the triangle tip down and glue to the back to create the skirt of the dress.
- With a new paper doily, cut out a heart shape.
- Cut the two sides of the heart to create the dress topper.
- Glue down topper and skirt down to resemble a wedding dress.
- Optional: For a nice touch to the dress, I added this beautiful ribbon sticker as the sash. (You could use any ribbon in lieu of this type of product.)
- Optional - Decorate dress if you would like. I used satin red roses. I secured the roses with glue dots.
October 3, 20190 found this helpful
very nice and simple!
October 4, 20190 found this helpful