Making a Wedding Dress Greeting Card
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
October 1, 2019
This is a cute wedding dress greeting card made with simple supplies - paper doilies, kraft paper, glue, and ribbon roses. This concept could also be used as a bridal shower invitation card.
Tip: I bought paper doilies from Dollar Tree for just $1. There are 32 in a pack (assorted sizes). Overall this project is very inexpensive to make and you can make plenty of cards.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 card
- paper doilies ($1.00)
- glue/glue dots
- ribbon roses
- kraft paper - cut to the size of your desired card
- sticker ribbon
- Cut a piece of kraft paper for the card; fold in half and set aside.
- Fold a paper doily at an angle as pictured.
- Fold the other side to create a pointed tip like pictured.
- Fold the triangle tip down and glue to the back to create the skirt of the dress.
- With a new paper doily, cut out a heart shape.
- Cut the two sides of the heart to create the dress topper.
- Glue down topper and skirt down to resemble a wedding dress.
- Optional: For a nice touch to the dress, I added this beautiful ribbon sticker as the sash. (You could use any ribbon in lieu of this type of product.)
- Optional - Decorate dress if you would like. I used satin red roses. I secured the roses with glue dots.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.