Making a Wedding Countdown Frame
A cute framed reminder to add to your decor is a wedding countdown frame. Easy to make with materials you most likely already have.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
June 26, 2019
Add a cute touch of decor to your home with this countdown frame. This countdown frame is designed for a "wedding", but the concept could be applied to other special events like an engagement party, birthday, concert, etc.
You can even use existing frames you have in your home temporarily and use the frame afterwards too, so no new supplies are needed in this project.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- picture frame
- kraft paper
- twine string
- number stickers
- print out
- I used this editable template (https://www.printablemarket.com/shop/editable-save-the-date-template-elegant-black-and-white-wedding-instant-download-printable/) to make my sign that you can print at a store, or with your printer. I spelled out days until I DO. Place your picture in a frame (I removed the glass, my preference).
- Using your choice of paper, I used standard kraft paper strips and cut into 2" x 1.5" pieces.
- Freehand and cut a triangle to create a flag shape. Then, I stacked with another piece as a template to continue cutting the rest of the flags out.
- Secure twine around the picture frame. If there is the hanger on the back of the frame, you can securely knot the twine onto that for better support.
- Using stickers, add numbers on to each flag. This is for a 9 day countdown. If you want a longer countdown, you'll need extra numbers (0,1,2) for days like "11, 22".
- Ready to use the number flag to frame and display! Example of how 2 numbers would look.
- Optional: Place the remaining number flags in a small Ziploc bag and clip behind frame to change out the numbers daily.
June 27, 20190 found this helpful
Beautiful! I made one for my friend's baby shower. We were laughing because it got stuck at 3 days when she started getting irritable :D
July 1, 20190 found this helpful
Awww hehehe :)