Adding Fresh Flowers to Cake Decoration
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
November 6, 2019
Here is a tutorial on how to add fresh flowers to a cake while also making the cake food safe.
This is an inexpensive twist on a traditional wedding cake. You could buy plain double layered cakes in lieu of a wedding cake. I custom ordered these 2 cakes from Whole Foods for $34 each. To make the caked tier style, I used two cake stands and elevated one cake. This worked out because my wedding venue provided cake slices per person.
- piece of paper
- Saran Wrap or Ziploc bags
- floral wire
- floral tape
- I sketched a drawing the size of my cake to see how big the flower arrangements could be that I needed to make for my cake.
- I had an extra bouquet of flowers so I unraveled the flowers.
- I organized the flowers in the arrangements I would like them to be.
- Once you have your arrangements ready wrap them with floral tape. Use floral wire for additional structure if needed. Trim the arrangements down accordingly.
- To store overnight, lightly dampen a paper towel and wrap around the flower stems and place in your fridge.
- On the day of, using Saran Wrap (best option) or cut strips of a Ziploc bag (which is the option I used because I forgot Saran Wrap) wrap the plastic around the flower. They are ready to place directly into the cake. Decorate the cake with your flower arrangements.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.