Making Lace Fans
January 10, 2011
Delicate fans to decorate with. They would make adorable favors for a wedding shower too.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 4 inch wide lace
- thin ribbons, coordinating colors
- wider ribbon for bow
- string to hang
- hot glue
- Elmer's glue
- small paint brush
- marker to match ribbons and beads
- Cut your lace about 15 inches long.
- Fold like an accordion and press very well with an iron.
- Mix 1 part Elmer's glue with 1 part water, about 3 tbsp each. With paint brush "paint" the entire length of lace lightly. Let dry and refold, the fold marks will remain.
- Choose a marker that will match your ribbon and beads. Mark all the edges of the fan, just at the tips as you can see in pic.
- Choose about 3 colors of thin ribbon. Take one and tie at one side of your fan. Tie tightly and knot. Tie the other 2 ribbons at same place. Let ribbon ends hang loose, cutting tips on an angle. Take the thicker ribbon and make a bow. Attach to the knotted area of your thin ribbons with hot glue.
- Add a bead to the center of the bow. Add beads along the pleats at the top of your fan and a couple at the base as shown in picture.
- Any kind can be used, beads or pearls. I used Swarovski crystals for a sparkle.
- Attach a string to the top to hang. If you'd rather you can hot glue a magnet button to the back and hang on fridge.
Note: Make these in colors to match holiday decor for a cute addition to your gift packages. Use beads matching your wedding party to use as favors at a shower.
By Myst from Muncie, IN
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.