Ribbon Wedding Cake Topper
This pretty cake topper is fun, easy, and inexpensive to make. This is a page about ribbon wedding cake topper.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This fun and thrifty decoration is perfect as a topper to a plain wedding cake or as a wedding decoration. It uses Styrofoam, ribbon, paint, and a clay pot to make a mini-faux wedding cake. You can dress it up however you want, using colors that match your wedding.
Approximate Time: 40 minutes without drying time
- 2 inch Styrofoam disks (5 x 1 inch)
- Super Glue
- foam finish (Plaster of Paris, plaster, grout, anything you can smooth over the foam to make it smooth)
- very fine sandpaper
- white paint
- curly gift ribbon, large (purple, blue and pink)
- light pink paint
- clay pot (2 inch)
- Glue the two disks together using the superglue, in a cake fashion, one on top of the other. Let dry.
- Cover the "cakes" with foam finish. Let dry.
- Sand cakes lightly until the finish is smooth. Wipe off dust with rag.
- Paint "cakes" white, as shown in picture. Let dry.
- Glue the ribbon to the top of the cakes, as shown in picture. Let dry.
- Paint clay pot light pink to match ribbon, as shown in the picture and let dry.
- Glue cake on top of clay pot and let dry.
By Aysha from Boise, ID
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.